So, the girls were going to drink some milk and I asked them to sit on their bottoms. Caroline decided to squat down and said, "Mommy, I want to sit on my PRETEND bottom." Macie promptly jumped up from sitting and squatted on her pretend hiney, too!
The girls are really, really, really scared of flies.... not of spiders, not of bumble bees, not of ants, but FLIES! So scared in fact that when they're in the middle of lunch and see a fly, they start screaming uncontrollably and ask to go to bed... until I put them in bed, where I can hear them *sniffle sniffle, "that fly scare you!"* Usually the fly issue is when we're in a room, but today it happened at the park. We were chatting with some big girls when all of a sudden, both girls' faces fell and the screaming started. Other parents were holding their kids ears! One of the big girls tried to comfort Macie, but we just had to leave. As we left the playground, Macie said, "Octavia try to make you feel better - sob - sob!"
We were cuddling in bed this morning and the girls started talking about my friend getting married and who her husband is going to be. So, the conversation expanded:
me: "Who's mommy's husband?"
Caroline: "Daddy."
Me: "Who's your husband?"
Caroline: "Caroline"
Macie: "Daddy"
Then, tonight at dinner, Macie let daddy know that he's her husband. Isn't that Oedipus or something? :)
I took the girls in their jogger the other day and they went through a whole story about Ama. "Ama go hiking. Ama fall! Ama hurt her hand. Ama have owie. Daco help her up. Ama take you to worm playground." I think they had a good Monday with their Ama! Good job, Ama - especially since we got back to Seattle from GGLu's memorial service in Boston at 1am!
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment